I hold a deep passion for both classical and world music. I continue to develop that passion in younger generations through teaching and giving workshops for young children and adults, from beginners to advance levels.
Estela’s extensive teaching experience and performing expertise have given her a vast range of methodologies ideal for adapting her teaching to the needs and pace of individual students.
Estela teaches privately in The Hague, at ASH, at the St. Jans Fanfare in Zoeterwoude, and as well as online lessons. Estela teaches violin, viola, saxophone and she has developed 6 workshops:
NOTE: due to the current pandemic situation, it is possible to follow Workshops 1, 2, and 3 ONLINE!! To BOOK your workshop click HERE
- Workshop 1- Discovering the saxophone: first contact with the saxophone: learning the basics to get started while having fun! (3 hours workshop. Ages between 9 and 60. Beginners)
- Workshop 2– Discovering the viola: first contact with the viola: learning the basics to get started while having fun! (3 hours workshop. Ages between 9 and 60. Beginners)
- Workshop 3– Discovering the violin: first contact with the violin: learning the basics to get started while having fun! (3 hours workshop. Ages between 9 and 60. Beginners)
- Workshop 4- Initiation to music and rhythm (there are two options: for children aged between 2 and 4 years old and between 5 and 8 years old)
- Workshop 5- Opening your ear!: learn and get familiar with aural tests and ear –training exercises (Ages between 7 and 60 years old. Beginners and intermediate levels)
- Workshop 6- Playing together: learn how to play in a group, how to listen to the other voices, and to interact in a musical way. (Ages between 10 and 60 years old. Beginners and intermediate levels)
Estela has been preparing students for ABRSM grade exams since 2011.
Individual lessons are one-on-one, with parents welcome to observe. With very young children, parents are encouraged to be involved and support during lessons. Group lessons are welcome up to a maximum of 10 students playing arrangements as well as original classical, jazz, folk, and world music depending on the level and goals of the student/s.
Lessons are available in English, Spanish, Catalan and Dutch.
Besides her soloist education and performing career, Estela also took additional courses in Basics on arrangements and composition (software MuseScore & Sibelius), Emotional Intelligence in Education and Stress, Management in Education, and Mindfulness. In her lessons, Estela incorporates the Alexander and Feldenkrais Techniques.
For more information, reach out to Estela HERE.